Sunday, January 15, 2012

Some things i love

...besides my family, friends and the Lord, good bread and cheese with a simple salad, a pretty walk, my bed and pillows (esp. with a good book or cookbook), the mouth of a horse and a bloodhound, warming my feet on someone's warm legs, early morning cuddles with my children, traveling to a new place, my husband's hugs, a carefree heart, soup and a movie on a cold day....besides all these - I love these things I recently bought.
Word press labels from my favorite online stationary store Felix Doolittle
you can customize them and use them for gifts, cards....
www.felixdoolittle.com
they come wrapped oh so adorably...

and these my sweet friend and i found at a cute old fashioned toy store in san francisco called paxton gate - valencia blvd between 18th-20th st.  you plant each little matchstick which has a seed in it - I bought for my children - wildflowers and herbs...
tomorrow - no school - we shall plant!

and how can i not blog about my beloved bakery in san francisco - Tartine - one of the things i definitely do love.  I brought a loaf home on the plane and recreated their croque monsieurs - yum!
                                       my favorite is the shiitake mushroom croque monsieur
                                                         melty, gooiness with a crispy crust

oh so good - tartine bread, a bechemel sauce (flour, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg), shiitake mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and swiss/gruyere cheese!
Not a bad meal - meets all my favorites,

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you have TWO new posts, just after your coach post! Hee Hee! The sandwiches look yummy and love all the treats from San Fran, can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete