Friday, January 27, 2012

he...and I

he lays on my  legs in the sunlit part of the couch.  he has a gentle 5 year old voice. he asks. he plays with my face. he laughs. he wonders. he clasps his hands so cuddly together and watches.  he watches me. he watches the TV. he relaxes into the pillows.  and...I , I can't help but stare at him in wonder - how grateful i am that i am here with him. that i can feel the weight of all of his being on me.  i hold him.  i never want to let go.  ever.
I feel the weight of so much hope that i don't pass on my "stuff" that i loathe to my little ones.  that i am able to teach him all he needs to learn to be the man the Lord has intended him to be.  to treat him with all patience and kindness that I could ever imagine.  that he grows to be what he needs to be in the short time i get him.  how truly blessed i am to know him.
These days i hold dear - the ones of he .... and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment