Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peas and Favas

I have a little friend - whom i adore - sitting contently next to me.

her name is pea olive and she is my youngest daughter - with a fever, content to be just next to me, leaning her head on me, sucking on her hospital pacifier -which she only uses in her crib but there are always exceptions - yes ;) - how blessed am I!!!

Usually I would be continuously pulling her off the table, off my desk, down from the couch - she would want to be typing - but not now, no -she is content.  It makes me think about my contentedness and where I find those places where I am pleased to just sit, sit with someone who I feel safe with, someone I can trust, somewhere I love - I am that for her right now and I love that I get to be.  Where or who is that for me - have many thoughts about that -something good for me to think on....

Speaking about P. olive and peas - Grace and I shelled fresh sugar snap peas and fava beans.  As we opened up their little home, there they lay, hanging out with their family, nestled close or surrounded by a soft sweater (you must feel the inside of a fava bean).  They are so cozy in their shell.  This is definitlely  their safe little place where they are content to just sit and be!

No comments:

Post a Comment