Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is 2:30pm too early to put pajamas on and cozy up under my blankets?  - oh ya, I have 3 little ones - yes, it is too early.  I am dreaming of my down blanket and a warm sunny spot on the couch to warm my feet.  An episode of Murder She Wrote or continuing on in "A Homemade Life".  A large glass of water with lemon and orange and a tylenol.  An excitement for what the rest of the day holds rather than a dread of what activity I will come up with for afternoon witching hour entertainment.  I am wondering what it would be like to not feel so tired, what would that look like to my children who get 10% patient, kind me and 80% tired, irritable me these days - ok, not so hard on myself - maybe 11% patient, kind me and 79% tired one.
I have not gone to the my usual grocery store run but rather have been stopping daily stops here and there at markets to pick up whatever sounds good with 3 little mouths excitedly waiting and choosing and asking.  Yesterday it was 5:30pm driving home in traffic after another quite unenjoyable photo shoot at Target - why did I choose to do this again?  The drive thru at chic filet was so enticing (and I don't even like processed chicken!!!)  How EASY would that be....i fought the urge trying to imagine how much better I would feel feeding these precious ones a better meal.  So, I drove home and made orzo in chicken broth with spinach and parmesan cheese.  Then on pretty little white plates I placed 2 little fresh mozzarella balls, a chunk of perfectly ripe avocado, and a slice of prosciutto drizzled all in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. It looked really special and pretty - they deserve to feel special - they are!  I actually did find a decent dinner in my refrigerator that is quite empty and sad.  And yes, I felt satisfied that these 3 little bodies had good food in their tummies.
*this moment is ending as my activities coordinator job is about to begin - I hear the cries from the crib, footsteps emerging out of rooms - bring on the witching hour! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment